The Big Data and Analytics Track shares insights on how to appropriately analyze data and how analytics can help drive decision making, and ultimately the bottom line.
Wednesday, June 13
1:00 PM - 1:50 PM
BI Hits the Road: The Mobile Incursion Into the BI Space
Jorge Garcia, BI Analyst, Technology Evaluation Centers
Current mobile technologies are invading the business intelligence space, and business intelligence solutions now have the ability to enable people to interact with their BI applications using mobile devices. The emergence of tablets and smartphones is changing the way organizations work with information. Companies can give their employees access to crucial data no matter where they are. Is this changing the way organizations make their decisions? What are the effects of having a mobile BI strategy in place? Will mobile BI technologies be a game changer in the business intelligence arena?
Included in this session:
• Insights on the mobile BI space.
• What to consider in a mobile BI solution.
• Challenges and issues to solve.
• Some perspectives on the potential future of Mobile BI.
Thursday, June 14
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
How Big Data is Changing the Newsroom
Josh Belzman, Social Media Manager, msnbc.com and TODAY.com
Rajan Shah, Vice President, Publisher Services, Clearspring Technologies
See first-hand how audience data and real-time analytics have transformed publishing. Gain insight as a major publisher discusses how data has been used to assess the performance of content in real-time to increase reader engagement and referrals.
● Hear first-hand examples about how publishers are using data and analytics as tools to engage users.
● Learn how real-time data integration builds greater understanding of the behavior and psychology of audiences to enable growth.
● Insight on how to appropriately analyze data and how analytics can help drive a publisher's editorial decision making, and ultimately their bottom line.
● Learn the promise of how content can be dynamically tailored in real-time to better fit the needs of an audience.
1:55 PM - 2:40 PM
Streamlining the Security Clearance Process for the Department of State
Donald Bruns, Practice Director, NavigationArts
The Security & Suitability Management System (S2MS) was designed to cut the time it takes to investigate security clearances in half. The new S2MS portal accomplishes that goal by providing a single point of access for all users, consolidating data sources, visualizing data, and delivering a superior user experience.
● How user-centered design techniques such as user research, rapid prototyping, and usability testing can deliver superior business results.
● How data visualization can deliver measurable value for enterprise applications.
● How the State Department is uses decision support, business rules, workflow, and GIS technologies to complete security clearance investigations in only 35 days—a 200% improvement.
2:50 PM - 3:35 PM
Big Data and Document Management: Managing Your Load
Jon Huntsman, Head of the IT Department, The European Court of Human Rights
Barrie Hadfield, CTO/Co-founder, SkyDox
The downside of big data is that the amount of content companies are managing on their websites has mushroomed dramatically. Learn how the European Court of Human Rights enabled the search and access of more than 90,000 documents on its website—and enjoyed more visitor retention, as a result.
● Why poor document management on your website could result in lost revenues and media exposure, missed new business opportunities, and disclosure failures.
● How improving the document delivery on your website will differentiate you from competitors.
● How to leverage your existing enterprise content management, including Microsoft SharePoint and FAST, to maximize ROI.
● How improving its document delivery system resulted in more media exposure and collaboration with other legal bodies for ECHR.
● How ECHR enabled its millions of visitors to search for and access more than 90,000 documents on its website within seconds of being published.