The Content Delivery Track will help you understand how to use today’s new content distribution channels to increase the effectiveness of your campaigns.
Wednesday, June 13
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Content Distribution and Discovery in the Age of Tablets, E-readers, and Google
David Renard, Partner, mediaIDEAS
The way we consume digital content has changed dramatically over the last few years. Google, in many ways, has become the primary way that we access all digital content. Not just the more traditional type of content we all know and love, like magazines, books, newspapers, and videos, but also marketing information such as coupons, offers, sales, press releases, and ads. These seemingly disparate industries are being thrust together as content primarily because they are all being distributed the same way: through the Internet. And, with minimal distribution costs and the fact that nearly everyone is a content creator these days, getting your digital content actually seen, heard, or read has become increasingly difficult. In essence, detailed metrics have turned digital distribution of content into direct marketing. Digital-based content has been getting all the attention, but it often is just a debutant in search of a product, a business model, and a market. Paper-based content, on the other hand, is no longer the media darling it once was, but often drives most of the revenue. How will these mediums coexist? How will social media, Google, emails, and interactivity enhance content discoverability? How will publishers remain relevant? What impact will the rapid rise of e-reading devices (tablets, e-paper e-readers, smartphones) have on print and digital content? These are some of the questions answered in this session.
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
From Gutenberg to Zuckerberg: Merging Cross Media Marketing & Print
Alex Marchetti, President / CEO, Whitestone Marketing Group
Hear key components for successful cross media campaigns, including how to structure a cross media campaign from concept to implementation, with critical success factors. Also, find out how to successfully outsource marketing services and partner with key vendors to enhance customer profitability.
● How to do your homework when approaching a client: how do you get started selling marketing services.
● How to charge for Intellectual Property.
● Understand what challenges marketers are facing.
● Make campaigns targeted, relevant and segmented.
● Utilize synergies between all channels used.
Thursday, June 14
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
How Big Data is Changing the Newsroom
Josh Belzman, Social Media Manager, msnbc.com and TODAY.com
Rajan Shah, Vice President, Publisher Services, Clearspring Technologies
See first-hand how audience data and real-time analytics have transformed publishing. Gain insight as a major publisher discusses how data has been used to assess the performance of content in real-time to increase reader engagement and referrals.
● Hear first-hand examples about how publishers are using data and analytics as tools to engage users.
● Learn how real-time data integration builds greater understanding of the behavior and psychology of audiences to enable growth.
● Insight on how to appropriately analyze data and how analytics can help drive a publisher's editorial decision making, and ultimately their bottom line.
● Learn the promise of how content can be dynamically tailored in real-time to better fit the needs of an audience.
2:50 PM - 3:35 PM
Big Data and Document Management: Managing Your Load
Jon Huntsman, Head of the IT Department, The European Court of Human Rights
Barrie Hadfield, CTO/Co-founder, SkyDox
The downside of big data is that the amount of content companies are managing on their websites has mushroomed dramatically. Learn how the European Court of Human Rights enabled the search and access of more than 90,000 documents on its website—and enjoyed more visitor retention, as a result.
● Why poor document management on your website could result in lost revenues and media exposure, missed new business opportunities, and disclosure failures.
● How improving the document delivery on your website will differentiate you from competitors.
● How to leverage your existing enterprise content management, including Microsoft SharePoint and FAST, to maximize ROI.
● How improving its document delivery system resulted in more media exposure and collaboration with other legal bodies for ECHR.
● How ECHR enabled its millions of visitors to search for and access more than 90,000 documents on its website within seconds of being published.